Monday, September 28, 2009

For your viewing pleasure...

Whenever I'm looking for workout ideas/inspiration, I turn to one of two places:  My brother/Strength & Conditioning coach and the internet.  My brother Dan is an awesome athlete - not to mention a terrific sports writer (check him out on BleacherReport.com!).  He played college lacrosse for Dayton, who had an incredible season in 2009 - CCLA champs and National runners-up.  He teaches me solid, fundamental exercises as well as important details like number of reps/sets, etc.  I also run new workout ideas by him and he gives me recommendations on modifications or alternative exercises that can help me focus on core strength, which is one of my main goals.  On the internet, there are a plethora of sites that have workouts and fitness tips.  One that I have found particularly helpful is Floswimming.com.  There you can find tons of videos - the dryland workouts are my favorite.  Here's a workout session with the guys at Auburn - it's pretty sick:





Or, if you prefer, the Mel Stewart workout (from SwimNetwork.com):





You have to hand it to Gold Medal Mel - he certainly gives the Superman-esque athletes at Auburn a run for their money...


Tomorrow it's off to the gym for cardio and weights!  Thanks for all of the positive feedback so far - I love it!!


xoxo
L

1 comment:

  1. I love watching Gold Medal Mel, too! He cracks me up! And how nice to have a strength/conditioning coach as a sibling! Lucky!! :)

    ReplyDelete